Maison Law represents the victims of Visalia personal injury accidents. Our personal injury lawyers help accident victims get the support they need to make a full recovery. Please contact us after an accident caused by someone else’s negligence. We provide a free, no-obligation consultation for all local injury victims. It’s a no-risk opportunity to find out what your injury may be worth and how to hold careless people or businesses fully responsible.
How Do I Know If I Need a Personal Injury Lawyer?
When you suffer a serious injury due to someone’s mistake or negligence, you should speak to a Visalia personal injury lawyer. When accidents cause injuries like broken bones or head trauma, the cost and length of care can skyrocket. This leaves insurance adjusters racing to find ways to avoid having to take the blame for an accident.
They may try to shift the blame in the accident to you, despite what an accident report says. They may also try to cast doubt on your medical diagnosis so they can get away with offering you less for your pain and financial hardships. Your lawyer protects you from these insurance tactics and demands the maximum in compensation for you and your family.
Visalia Personal Injury Claims Process
Call Us For A Free Consulation
Call us 24/7 with No Obligations
Describe Your Accident Details
We will then discuss your legal options and decide whether to move your case forward.
Retain Maison Law w/ No Upfront Fees
We work on contingency. No attorney fees unless you win your case.
Receive Your Compensation
We will fight for you to earn the highest possible payout for your damages.
What Our Clients Say
Free Consultations for Visalia Accident Victims
When you are injured because of someone else’s carelessness or negligence, fighting with insurance companies can just add an additional headache to your painful situation.
It can be difficult to filter through the protections that California injury law provides for victims, and insurance companies benefit from your confusion.
That is why Maison Law offers free legal consultations for personal injury victims. We want to make sure you understand all of your legal options. Schedule your free, no-obligation consultation now.
Personal Injury Dangers Across Visalia
You may be heading to work or dropping the kids off at Redwood High School or El Diamante High School. You may just be doing your grocery shopping for the week. It’s a sad fact, but anytime we leave the house we can be exposing ourselves or our families to hazards around Visalia. The hazards can even be in our own homes.
That danger may be at a high school sporting event where you take a tumble or your little athlete gets hurt. It could be on an aisle at Walmart when a spill left by another customer is suddenly underfoot and sends you falling backward. These are all places that property owners, proprietors, and even the city government can be held accountable for when you are injured. If they created the obstacle or knew about the hazard they can be liable for not cleaning it up or repairing it.
These are just a few of the hazards that can fall under personal injury law and leave you in need of a legal expert:
- Auto Accidents: Whether you are struck by a distracted Uber driver or someone who just couldn’t wait to send the next text, careless drivers are everywhere and can cause serious injuries. Car accidents can put innocent victims through unnecessary hardships when having to ask car insurance companies for help with hospital bills and lost time at work. Insurance agents all employ the same tricks to get victims to sign off on unfair compensation offers. An attorney on your side can make sure you don’t fall prey.
- Bicycle Accidents: In California, bicyclists are given the same rights as cars. However, many drivers sharing the streets are negligent, careless, or otherwise dangerous neighbors. This can lead to serious injuries when autos and bicycles collide.
- Motorcycle Accidents: While motorcycles have a lower profile than other road vehicles, drivers are obligated to operate safely, being mindful of their presence. Since riders less protected than drivers, injuries can be severe.
- Dog Bites: In California, dog owners are legally responsible for their dog’s behaviors. Even if a dog has never been aggressive before, the owner has a duty to pay for damages if their dog causes an injury.
- Slip-And-Falls Accidents: The devastating injuries that can result from a fall on any property you may visit can rob you of your mobility and even your memories if you suffer a blow to the head. Store owners, theme park operators, those responsible for public locations, apartment owners, and any other property owners who invite people onto their land are all responsible to provide reasonably safe passage for customers, visitors, and renters.
- Pedestrian Accidents: When a pedestrian is injured in an auto accident, the results can be devastating. If the victim is injured, there can be expensive medical bills on top of a long recovery.
- Wrongful deaths: Some of these dangers can seem insignificant but tragically any of them can cause the tragic loss of life. Families left behind after losing a loved one should not be targeted by the expenses that an accident can bring about. A wrongful death claim is a lawsuit that can seek to find justice for the victim and provide for a family to help them avoid financial hardships now and in the years down the road when they must cope with life without the support of that loved one.
- Workplace Accidents: Farming, ranching, and other agricultural workers experience the highest death rates per 100,000 workers in an average year according to the National Safety Council. The construction industry generally sees the most deaths overall in a year. Injuries in any field can threaten your life or knock you out of work for weeks. Your employer should be providing as much protection as possible to keep you safe and should also be the first to step up and take responsibility when you are hurt.
- Unsafe Products: You may purchase a malfunctioning dryer, a refrigerator, or even contaminated food that hurts you or your family. There may be many parties who can be held accountable for your difficulties including the store or business that sold you the product. The designer of that product and the manufacturer of the product can also be held responsible for every cost of recovery and repair to your home.
Can I collect unemployment after being terminated for an accident injury?
If you are still unable to work due to the injury, no. To collect unemployment, you have to be physically able to work and accept a job if one is available. If your injury would allow you to do another job, you may be considered for benefits.
To receive Unemployment Insurance (UI) benefits, you also must have lost your job through no fault of your own. If the circumstances surrounding your job dismissal are unique, the Employment Development Department (EDD) of California would schedule a phone interview with you to discuss your eligibility.
Your injury may make you eligible for disability benefits or worker’s compensation. If you feel you were unfairly terminated from your job, you may have grounds for employment litigation.
When you’ve lost a job or income after a personal injury accident caused by someone’s negligence, you are permitted to file a claim for damages. An award from the at-fault party’s insurance provider could include the wages you’ve forfeited while healing. Financial support might also be earned if you lost your job due to your injury. Talk to a Visalia Personal Injury Lawyer when you have questions about a potential accident case.
Why wouldn’t a lawyer file for the maximum policy amount?
In California, the details of the insured’s coverage are private. An attorney won’t know the exact limits of the at-fault party’s policy. However, an experienced lawyer knows the general range of policy limits and will seek fair compensation for the victim.
If you feel your attorney isn’t working in your best interest, you have every right to terminate your relationship with your lawyer. You can talk with the attorneys at Maison Law in a free consultation at any time to find out what you should be expecting in support, even if you haven’t fired your current lawyer. It’s a good way to determine if there is extra compensation available that your attorney has been carelessly overlooking.
What Type of Financial Support Can I Receive After a Tulare County Accident?
After a traffic collision, a slip-and-fall accident in a public place, or any other accident, it’s critical to make sure an at-fault party’s insurance provider is held fully liable. To do this, you’ll have to make sure every hardship you’ve faced is included in the claim filed against the insurance company.
These damages you’ve endured must be accurately and thoroughly listed or you could end up paying for recovery costs out of your own pocket.
These are just a few of the things that will play a major role in the amount that shows up on a settlement check:
- The totals on your hospital and physical therapy expenses.
- The estimated costs for future medical and home care if you suffer a long-term injury or a permanent physical disability.
- Travel costs while visiting doctors and surgeons. This includes the cost of shuttle services if you can’t be on your feet or drive.
- Non-economic damages such as the physical pain and emotional trauma you endure. This includes depression and anxiety and a loss of enjoyment of life due to your injuries.
- Past and future lost earnings.
- Damage or destruction of property.
- Wrongful death support. Families who lose a loved one in a tragic personal injury accident should file a wrongful death claim to protect themselves. This claim offers support for funeral costs and leftover doctor bills. Families would also seek help for the years ahead when the deceased wouldn’t be able to offer guidance and financial support.
Frequently Asked Questions
Two years. California has a two year statute of limitations for personal injury claims. Generally speaking, the sooner Visalia residents file a car accident claim, the better chance they will receive compensation.
Yes. California follows the legal concept of comparative negligence. It means that everyone involved in an accident can share in the blame. You could still receive help with your recovery costs, minus the percentage of liability assigned to you.
Anyone can afford quality legal representation from Maison Law. We don’t charge you unless we win your case for you and your family. Then our fee comes out of the settlement money you receive.
Visalia’s Personal Injury Lawyer
Visalia is a community that prides itself on hard work and family life. Those qualities must sometimes be protected when property owners, careless drivers, or negligent employers put others at risk and end up getting them hurt.
If you or a loved one are seriously injured due to the carelessness of someone else, contact a Visalia Personal Injury Lawyer with the experience to demand what’s fair from national corporations, local employers, and anyone else who may be liable for your suffering.
Discuss your case with a real attorney with Maison Law in Visalia, for a free consultation that comes with no obligation.