Most residents in Madera do a lot of driving. Whether it’s out on Highway 99 passing the water tower on the way to Fresno or up to Modesto, people are always on the move. You can even drive into your movie experience at the famous Madera 2 Drive-In.
With all this traveling the dangers of collisions and crashes are always present. You’ve got large vehicles from local factories and farms trying to squeeze by on local lanes to deliver their payloads. You’ve got commuters trying to make it to work on time. Rideshare and delivery drivers are always looking for a pick-up or drop-off. You’ve got motorcyclists, bicyclists, and pedestrians all making their way through town.
With this heavy usage of the roads, careless drivers will, unfortunately, make mistakes and draw in innocent motorists into their accidents. You may be unable to avoid someone’s error in judgment and find yourself with a painful injury. You may even endure a week-long stay in a hospital and be given a long time to worry over who will be paying for your medical expenses. You didn’t cause your crash and you certainly shouldn’t be stuck with trying to figure out how to pay bills while you attempt to heal.
A Free Consultation for Madera Car Accident Victims
The biggest obstacle for accident victims seeking fair support after a Madera car crash will be their dealings with the insurance company of the at-fault driver. Insurance adjusters will work harder to limit the compensation they’ll have to pay you, rather than help you heal and recover.
To find out everything you should be demanding from car insurance companies, contact Madera’s Maison Law for a free and confidential consultation. It’s a no-risk way to speak with a real Madera Car Accident Attorney. You’ll learn what your injury is really worth before insurance companies try to convince you otherwise.
What Should I Do After a Madera Car Accident?
A Madera car accident may leave you in a ditch along Highway 99. You could be spun out in a lane of oncoming traffic along Cleveland Avenue. Sitting in your damaged vehicle, you might be injured and unconscious.
But if you are left physically strong enough after a collision, you should try to gather as much evidence as possible right there on the scene. This evidence of what truly happened may only be there until emergency crews clean up the wreckage. Then it’s gone forever.
Call 911 to get an ambulance on the way and a police response. Once the scene is secure and you are able, try to collect these details at your Madera car accident scene:
- Tell Madera Police or CHP officers everything you can remember about what happened. This information goes into their collision report.
- Take pictures. Document the scene, the car that hit you, and traffic signs and markings. Take photos of any injuries that are visible and any damage to clothing.
- Get contact information from witnesses so your Madera Car Accident Attorney can contact them for testimony.
- Exchange information with the at-fault driver but don’t make any statements about fault in the accident or the severity of your injuries. Insurance companies can twist these statements to use against you later.
- Get checked out by paramedics and later by your own doctor. Follow your doctor’s recommendations. Save medical invoices.
- Keep any damaged clothing and personal items. Don’t throw evidence out. If you were on a bicycle when you were hit, don’t throw out your bike.
- Talk over your options with a skilled Madera personal injury attorney at Maison Law. If your injury is serious and you end up needing legal representation to protect your interests, you’ll want to act quickly. Allow your attorney to begin investigating your case and the at-fault driver as soon as possible. The sooner you have a strong injury claim to file an injury claim, the sooner you can hope to earn an accident settlement check.
Support for Madera Vehicle Accident Victims
Your accident may have involved just a single driver who pulled into your path or rammed you. But what if that driver was working for a company when they hit you? Will that company help you in recovery? What if the vehicle is from a local farm?
No matter the circumstances, you need a Madera car accident lawyer on your side to make sure you target the right insurance companies after a serious accident. You may file a basic claim with the driver’s own insurance and due to coverage limits only get your initial hospital visit covered. Guess what? If you require further treatment in the weeks to come, or surgery a few months from now, those costs will come out of your pocket.
It may be possible to sue the company the driver works for. You may even be able to get compensation from your own auto insurance policy. Contact an attorney from Maison Law for a free consultation on your case to determine every party who should be held accountable for your accident and your injuries.
Common Injuries in Collisions with Vehicles
Your rehabilitation from injury can take days, weeks, or months or in some extreme cases, the effects of an injury can be with you the rest of your life. That’s why it’s vital to make sure you get everything you’ll need to rebuild your health and your life now while you are still allowed to file a lawsuit over your suffering.
The injuries can be debilitating and affect your enjoyment of life and even how you interact with your family. That’s why getting the maximum compensation now is so important. Your Madera Car Accident Lawyer works to get the most out of your car accident insurance settlement.
These are just a few of the most common injuries and long term conditions you can suffer in impacts:
- Brain injuries: Injuries can be short term issues or cause memory loss over a lifetime. Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI) happen after receiving a strike to the head. They can result in many difficulties including a loss of smell, nerve damage, and post-traumatic seizures.
- Whiplash Injury: The rapid movement back and forth of the neck in a crash. Neck and shoulder pain can be excruciating. Even turning the head a few inches can be difficult. Spine injuries can cause dizziness and numbness in limbs and in severe cases cause a loss of movement in limbs.
- Back injuries: The stretching of ligaments and muscles can cause pain that worsens with any movement like coughing or even laughing. Muscle spasms are also common. Damage can be so bad you may not be able to stand up straight for a while.
- Broken bones: Fractures in some joints can be very difficult to heal and may require surgery. Bones can heal in an improper position causing more issues in the future.
Motorcyclists, bicyclists, and pedestrians travel with much less protection than people in vehicles, and any impact with anything on four wheels or more can be that much more serious for victims. Victims are often thrown from their bikes or from their feet to absorb a second impact with the ground or road surface.
What Can I Receive Compensation for After a Madera Traffic Accident?
After a costly medical recovery and suffering through physical and mental pain, you’ll likely be curious about what your insurance settlement check will look like. You may be in desperate need of financial support as your bills pile up and your paychecks stop coming since you’ve been missing work.
Your compensation amount is determined by the physical, emotional, and financial hardships you endure. Your Madera Car Accident Lawyer will list these damages in your injury claim. Everything left off this list won’t be able to earn settlement money and will end up as your responsibility.
These are just a few of the factors that can earn you compensation:
- Medical expenses.
- Costs associated with a permanent physical disability. These devastating injuries often earn a lifetime of financial assistance.
- Physical pain and suffering.
- Emotional trauma. The anxiety and PTSD symptoms that Madera car accident victims are left with. The depression suffered during a difficult recovery and the loss of enjoyment of life injured victims deal with.
- Damage or destruction of property. Car repairs or money for a new vehicle.
- Income you’ve lost from missing work.
- Wrongful death benefits. When a family loses a loved one in an accident, close relatives can file a wrongful death lawsuit. This lawsuit asks for help with funeral costs and remaining medical bills. This civil claim also seeks to protect the family in the future when they’ll be without the financial support the victim would have provided.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long can I wait to file an injury claim with a car insurance company?
You’ll have up to two years to file your accident claim. You shouldn’t wait though. Acting quickly to secure fresh evidence and track down witnesses will help you build a strong case and earn what’s fair in compensation.
What if a Madera accident involves multiple cars and drivers?
In California, the blame for an accident can be divided between several parties. Several drivers may face liability in an accident that hurt you. Several insurance companies may have to contribute to your recovery costs.
If I’m struck by a hit-and-run driver who escapes identification, can I still earn injury support?
Yes. If Madera police cannot locate the responsible driver, you can file an uninsured motorist claim with your own car insurance provider. You can secure support to pay medical bills and recover the paychecks you’ve lost.
Contact A Madera Car Accident Lawyer
If you’ve been struck by a careless driver, it’s important to make sure you don’t end up paying the consequences of someone else’s mistake. If an accident leaves you or a loved one dealing with serious injuries contact an experienced Madera car accident lawyer such as Martin Gasparian, founder of Maison Law, for a free consultation and case evaluation.
If you feel our skilled Madera Car Accident Attorneys can help you earn more for your case, you won’t need any upfront money to hire us. We don’t get paid unless we win your case for you.