Uber has made some progress in the last few years on making its insurance coverage more complete, but that was only through the efforts of the California legislature. If you’ve been an injured victim of an Uber accident in or around Madera, there are still complicated coverage issues that can arise in a personal injury claim. Those issues can leave you without compensation for your injuries and damages and caught between two or more insurance companies.
You and your lawyer must take an aggressive approach. Otherwise, it’s unlikely that you’ll receive the compensation that you deserve. Martin Gasparian is the principal at Maison Law. He’s a committed and skillful personal injury lawyer who has brought many successful cases against large companies like Uber.
Common Causes of Uber Accidents in Madera
Uber users continue to rely heavily on the company, but with a large number of drivers who are associated with the company coupled with the vehicles being on the road 24 hours a day, accidents are a fact of life, especially in California. Here are some common causes of Uber accidents:
- Distracted Driving: An Uber driver might be engaged in another activity like talking on a phone, texting, or using a navigational device while driving. It only takes a few seconds of distraction to fail to stop or yield the right-of-way and cause an accident.
- Trying to Find a Customer: Uber drivers travel to and from many locations that they’re unfamiliar with. Their eyes are continually monitoring the areas next to roadways. This increases the chances of an accident on the roadway.
- Drowsy Driving: Some Uber drivers are on call for extended hours without an opportunity for rest. Others work with Uber as a second job. Either way, they become fatigued. A driver can fall asleep at the wheel and cause somebody else to be injured.
- Speeding and Failure to Yield: Of course, the goal of an Uber driver is to make as much money on the road as possible in the shortest amount of time. Speeding and failing to yield are common causes of accidents. Uber drivers are no different than other drivers.
- Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol, Drugs, or Both: Any Uber driver knows of the dangers that this presents on the roadway. One or more intoxicated or high Uber drivers might be on the road right now, especially with the legalization of marijuana. They’re a danger to everybody around them.
Uber Accident Injuries
Injuries in Uber accidents aren’t only limited to Uber drivers and passengers. They can also include third parties like other motorists, bicyclists, and pedestrians. They’re likely to experience difficulties with insurers on their claims too. While they continue to treat for their injuries and lose time from work, they’ll be ignored because the various insurance companies will be too busy pointing their respective fingers at each other. Common accident injuries like traumatic brain injuries, spinal injuries, fractures, and joint damage are costly to treat, and victims need to have at least one insurer take responsibility for the injuries and damages that have been caused. Maison Law knows how to stop the finger-pointing and get the insurers’ attention.
Don’t Devalue Your Own Claim
Dealing with several insurers on a case might seem like one big conspiracy against you, but they’re all trying to do that same thing. It’s all about money, and they want to save as much of it as possible on your claim. Rather than waiting for the phone to ring with requests for your cooperation before compensation will be discussed, you must be proactive in seeking compensation for your damages. Otherwise, you’ll be helping those insurance companies build their defenses against your claim. You’ll be used to devalue your own personal injury claim.
Contact a Madera Uber Accident Lawyer Today
Rather than waiting for two or more insurance companies to take charge of your case, contact Maison Law for a free consultation and case review. We’ll listen closely to you about what happened to you, and we can talk about how your injuries have affected your life. After we answer your questions, we’ll advise you on how we believe that you should proceed. Let Maison Law take charge of your Uber accident claim. We want to obtain the highest settlement or award that you deserve.