People living in Madera work hard all week long, and sometimes all weekend long. They deserve to be able to experience life and raise families in a safe environment.
The biggest safety concerns can be from the things we do most every day. Drive to work, perform our jobs, shop, or grab a meal. All of these destinations should be reasonably secure, but when people start to get careless on the roads and in their duty to their employees and visitors the chances for accidents rises.
If you find yourself the victim of an accident caused by the negligence of another driver, or an employer, or a store proprietor, you should talk to a Madera personal injury lawyer. Martin Gasparian founded Maison Law to protect the people of Central Valley. If someone injures you through their carelessness or recklessness, it should never be up to you to pay for your recovery. Those at-fault should be providing everything you need to heal.
What Our Clients Say
Common Personal Injury Cases In Madera
The biggest employers in Madera County tell you all you need to know about the hard-working people who have settled in the area. Packing houses for the fruits and vegetables of Central Valley can run day and night. Lumber moves in and out of Georgia-Pacific all season long. The wine industry is also a major draw to the area.
There’s a lot of opportunity in Madera County, but all that motion can lead to real hazards across the city. An injury can occur at just about any location and on any street in Madera. Employees, drivers, shoppers, and pedestrians can find themselves injured and in need of true support.
Here’s a partial list of the types of injury victims we can help:
There are other ways people can become injured around Madera and Maison Law can help victims with all types of cases. Family members involved in local sports can end up hurt and there may be an underlying safety issue that leaves organizers liable. A family member can also be hurt by a product you purchase and bring into your home. Product liability cases are common because manufacturers often sell items that haven’t been properly tested.
What to Do After a Madera Personal Injury Accident
After being forced into a car accident on Cleveland Avenue or after slipping on a puddle left on an aisle at Walmart, you’ll want to act quickly to collect the evidence you’ll need to hold an at-fault party accountable.
If you are left strong enough after your Madera personal injury accident, try to gather certain details on the scene before they are cleared away or cleaned up:
- If you are injured, dial 911. Allow paramedics to examine every pain you have and go to the emergency room if necessary. After a Madera traffic accident get a response from Madera Police or the California Highway Patrol. Tell investigators about everything you saw before the accident so they can prepare a collision report.
- Take pictures. Show the obstacle that caused you to fall or demonstrate what left you with an injury. After a car crash, show the damage to vehicles, motorcycles, or bicycles. Get photos of any visible injuries and damage to clothing. Get images of the entire scene.
- Get contact information from witnesses. Your Madera Personal Injury Accident Lawyer will be calling on them to provide important testimony.
- Exchange information with everyone involved if officers don’t provide this information to you. Be careful what you say around another driver. You may say “I’m fine” and “my bad.” Insurance companies can twist these statements to use as evidence that you weren’t hurt at all and that you were fully at fault.
- Get checked out by your own doctor. Follow recommendations the doctor makes including going to physical therapy and visiting specialists.
- Keep any damaged clothing and personal property as evidence.
- Contact a Madera personal injury lawyer. The sooner you allow a skilled attorney to start investigating what happened, the better chance your lawyer will have of securing fresh evidence. This includes surveillance video that could get erased. It’ll be easier to locate witnesses in the early going. Your attorney will also be able to submit your claim sooner and hopefully earn you a fair settlement before your medical bills create a financial crisis for your family.
What Our Clients Say
What Can I Expect Compensation for After a Madera Personal Injury Accident?
To maximize the settlement you receive from an insurance company after an accident, you’ll have to make sure each and every hardship you’ve endured is submitted in a claim. Your Madera personal injury lawyer will work with you to total your recovery costs. Anything left off a list submitted to an at-fault party’s insurance provider won’t be eligible to earn you the support you need as you heal.
Your attorney will also focus on the non-economic damages that you’ve suffered. This includes the change in your life that an injury causes. The basic loss of enjoyment of life, while you struggle with a difficult recovery, should always be considered when a settlement is negotiated.
The amount you’ll earn on an accident settlement check will be determined by these factors and more:
- Totals on medical bills and physical therapy expenses.
- Estimated costs for a lifetime of care and support if you suffer a permanent physical disability.
- Wrongful death benefits. Families can earn support after losing a loved one in a tragic Madera personal injury accident. The support can cover the cost of a funeral and burial and any remaining ambulance and hospital bills. Families should also earn support to cover the loss of the income the deceased would have contributed in the years to come.
- Compensation for the physical pain endured in recovery and perhaps bouts of chronic pain in the future.
- Emotional trauma. Depression and anxiety can affect victims in the aftermath of a frightening accident and during a challenging physical recovery. Emotional distress can continue long after the physical wounds have healed.
- Past and future lost earnings and benefits while victims are forced to miss work hours.
- Replacement of personal property. Money for a new car, motorcycle, or bicycle after a traffic accident.
Madera’s Personal Injury Lawyer
There are many ways you or a family member could be hurt around Madera and, of course, their physical recovery will be the most important task. Victims hurt through no fault of their own should be allowed to heal using the best medical care available without having to worry about the costs involved.
The financial burden should fall to the insurance companies representing those at fault. To make sure insurance companies are reminded of this duty to victims, contact a Maison Law personal injury lawyer in Madera. They want to hear what happened to you and will then help you determine the best path to getting your life and your family’s life back on track.
Frequently Asked Questions
Madera residents can request an accident report by submitting a CHP 190 form. The California Highway Patrol has a copy of this form on its website. Residents should fill out their CHP 190 form and send it to the nearest CHP office.
Yes. The majority of personal injury claims in Madera settle out of court. However, there’s always a chance your case could go to trial. To better prepare for this possibility, you should review the specifics of your case with an experienced lawyer.
Two years. California extends a deadline of two years for injured accident victims to file a claim. But victims should take action as soon as possible to provide enough time to collect evidence and build a strong case.