After suffering injuries in a motorcycle accident in or around Madera, you’ll need a skilled and trusted law firm to represent you for the injuries and damages that you suffered. Attorney Martin Gasparian at Maison Law has extensive experience in representing seriously injured motorcycle accident victims throughout the San Joaquin Valley, and he’s fully aware of the biases that they face in bringing a claim or lawsuit against the person who caused a motorcyclist’s injuries.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Madera
The area in and around Madera has much to offer motorcyclists, but when riding, they should be continually aware of the risks that drivers of other vehicles pose to them. Here are some common causes of motorcycle accidents in Madera and the San Joaquin Valley:
- Inattentive drivers who are daydreaming or simply not paying sufficient attention to who they’re sharing the roadway with.
- Distracted drivers who might be talking on a cell phone, texting, or inputting information into an electronic navigation or entertainment system.
- Drivers who fail to yield the right-of-way to motorcyclists, like those who make a left turn directly in front of them.
- Rear-end collisions when a driver fails to maintain a proper interval between his or her vehicle and a motorcycle ahead.
- Road hazards like potholes, cracks, or uneven road surfaces that can cause a motorcyclist to lose control and crash.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
According to the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration, fractured skulls and traumatic brain injuries are the most common types of injuries suffered in motorcycle accidents. Here are a few other common types of injuries:
- Traumatic neck and spine injuries, including vertebral displacement, disc herniation, and disc displacement.
- Rib fractures and damage to internal organs.
- Shoulder and arm fractures.
- Hip, leg, and ankle fractures.
- Joint damage to ankles, knees, and shoulders.
- Damage to nerves, muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
- Road rash with a likelihood of infection.
Don’t Take the Fall for a Motorcycle Accident
Bias against motorcyclists can have a profound influence on motorcycle accident claims and lawsuits. Although nearly all motorcyclists want to get to where they’re going without incident, there’s a public perception out there that riders are risk takers who take dangerous chances on the road. Insurance adjusters and their defense attorneys will use this public perception at every opportunity in a claim or lawsuit to try and devalue a case, even when the defendant was clearly at fault.
At Maison Law, when we’re representing an injured motorcyclist, we attack bias from the onset of the case. We are committed to the fair representation of our clients from every possible angle.
Contact a Madera Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Today
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident in or around Madera that was caused by the carelessness of somebody else, don’t give the opposing insurance company any type of statement. The insurer’s representative already knows what happened. He or she is only trying to obtain admissions or other damaging material that it can use against you in the future. Rather than possibly devaluing your case, contact us at Maison Law, and you can arrange for a free consultation and case evaluation with a Madera motorcycle accident attorney.
We want to hear what happened and how it happened, and we can answer our questions too. Then, we’ll advise you on what we believe will be the most effective option for obtaining the maximum settlement or award that you deserve for your injuries and losses. Contact us right away, and let us build the strongest possible case on your behalf.