Gray and rainy or a perfectly sunny day, drivers can choose to travel in a reckless manner around Salinas no matter the conditions. They can be speeding, or driving aggressively, cutting people off, and swerving in and out of lanes. It’s usually just a frustration for other drivers, but at some point, these careless drivers will cause accidents and it may be your car in the way when they lose control.
Victims of a negligent driver who suffer serious injury should talk to local attorney Martin Gasparian, Esq., the founder of Maison Law. For a decade, Mr. Gasparian represented large corporations in New York, Los Angeles, and Washington, D.C., and learned how large insurance companies operate. After seeing how often those companies treat victims unfairly, he now focuses on defending accident victims who suffered injury or loss by no fault of their own.
Contact Mr. Gasparian for an honest, no-obligation look at your car accident case. This first consultation will come at no charge to you. Find out what your options are for getting fair compensation and then if you choose Maison Law to represent you, we’ll fight to make sure you get the compensation you’ll need to get your life and your health back to normal.
Car Accident Dangers In Salinas
Salinas is a small place that makes a big impression on the rest of the country with its agricultural output each year. Sending out flowers and vegetables to every corner of the nation and different parts of the world is something to be proud of.
When you travel local roads, it’s important to be wary of the big trucks that leave Monterey County every day carrying out this bounty of local goods. These trucks can be traveling at surprisingly high speeds and they can sometimes barely fit in one lane. An accident with such a big vehicle can be devastating to cars and SUVs. Your injury may leave you in pain and wondering if truck drivers depend on their own auto insurance or if the company they work for will help you. An attorney can sort out this complex issue for you when you’re left with an injury.
For a small city, Salinas can also see its share of big city traffic headaches. The consequences of those accidents are reported by the police department each year. KSBW-TV collected the police accident data for 2018 to pinpoint the worst intersections around Salinas. These spots prove dangerous every year:
- East Laurel Drive & Natividad Road — 32 collisions in 2018
- Boronda Road & Natividad Road — 22 collisions
- Boronda Road & McKinnon Street — 15 collisions
- East Alisal Street & Sanborn Road — 14 collisions
Common Accident Types in Monterey County
When you’re behind the wheel, or on a motorcycle, bicycle, or on foot the dangers can come from many different directions. There are many common situations on highways that lead to increased risk, but some irresponsible decisions by drivers can also contribute to a violent crash.
- Head-On Impacts: Highways with long straightaways can lull a driver into a false sense of security. They can veer over into another lane without realizing it until it’s too late. Head-On collisions are the most likely type of impact to claim a life.
- DUI Accidents: A driver can choose to drink and get behind the wheel and then create any of these other hazards listed. They can veer into other lanes and even become a wrong-way driver on a highway.
- Rollover/Ejection Accidents: These also lead to some of the most severe outcomes in a collision. Victims are subjected to extreme forces and impacts and the safety devices built into a vehicle may not help.
- Reckless Driving: Speeding, aggressive driving can put other motorists at increased risk of an accident.
- Distracted Driving: Cellphones are the number one threat to a driver’s attention. A careless driver’s glance down at a text or a notification can have scary implications for others on the road.
Why Having a Local Attorney Matters After A Salinas Car Accident
These accidents can happen out of nowhere in a manner that prevents even safe drivers from avoiding a collision. The injuries can be devastating. A loss of mobility is possible. Brain damage and memory loss are possible. These injuries can take months to heal, require multiple surgeries, and even affect you for the rest of your life.
That’s why a standard insurance payout is rarely enough to get victims through their recovery, through their loss of wages at work, and their emotional anguish after a traumatic event. An attorney can let an insurance firm know that the basic coverage won’t be enough for the damages you experienced recently and those to come.
If the at-fault driver worked for someone like Uber, Lyft, or Amazon, those company’s and their lawyers may also get involved in your civil claim for damages. Their lawyers get paid and earn bonuses for discrediting you and your lawsuit. You’ll need someone on your side to help you collect evidence and to make sure insurance agents are forced to do what’s right.
Salinas Car Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one are seriously hurt in an auto accident in Salinas or Monterey County don’t wait long to contact Maison Law. Insurance companies for at-fault drivers will gladly let you pay half or more of your own medical costs if you don’t hold them accountable. They don’t have to tell you that what you should be getting in compensation, and they are happy to keep you in the dark.
Discuss your case with our attorneys and let’s figure out the best way to get you back on your feet, free of hospital bills, and financial worries.