A scary car crash on a busy California boulevard might leave you with some emotional scars. But painful, physical scars are also a real possibility. Taking an impact with a steering wheel or a car seat might leave you with a visible reminder of a terrible accident.
A scar on your face might also be left by a trip-and-fall accident that sends you down face first on a hard floor or sidewalk.
These injuries not only affect your physical wellbeing, but a noticeable scar in a very visible place may affect your self-image and how others perceive you. When a careless driver or a negligent property owner causes an accident that leaves you with a scar, it’s critical that you seek full financial support.
Facial Scarring Accident Dangers in California
Scars can be the result of lacerations in traffic collisions on California freeways. Victims may strike a car dash or get hit with broken glass to receive deep cuts to the face. A pedestrian, cyclist, or motorcyclist might also be struck and be sent face-first across the pavement. This type of skin injury is known as road rash and it can easily leave a permanent scar on someone’s face.
Scars may also be caused by burn wounds. A car accident may subject someone to a fire. A chemical could wind up on a victim’s face after exposure in a department store or workplace.
A fall on someone’s property or at a store might leave a victim’s face exposed to a sharp shelf edge or a jagged piece of concrete.
In each case, it’s usually someone’s negligence to blame. A hazard could have been cleaned up or repaired at any point, but instead, it sat there waiting for someone to come along and get hurt. A reckless driver can always show more care to other motorists. When accidents occur, at-fault parties can be left completely liable for every physical, emotional, and economic hardship the victim faces.
How Much Does Facial Scarring Treatment Cost After an Accident?
The first cost facial scarring victims will see is for care provided in the emergency room. Cleaning the wound and stitches will likely be first. This treatment can easily reach over a thousand dollars. Complications, infections, and surgery in the days to come might send those invoices into the tens of thousands of dollars.
Victims will understandably desire to erase the visible effects of a terrible accident. A scar on the face, or any exposed area, can leave victims self-conscious and perhaps afraid to be seen in public. Scar revision is one partial solution that patients may seek. It’s the treatment of scar tissue to reduce its appearance. Treatment may include surgery, laser resurfacing, or medication.
Scar Revision surgery costs will depend on the size and depth of the scar. You can expect to pay anywhere between $800 and $10,000 for this procedure. Keep in mind that this does not mean a scar will be invisible.
Unfortunately, the monetary value you’ll receive from an at-fault party’s insurance coverage is open for interpretation. An insurance adjuster will always try to reduce the amount of support a victim receives. That’s why it’s critical that victims, with the help of a California traumatic injury lawyer, demand the most compensation possible to make sure they have what they need to rebuild their lives.
Getting The Most Out of Your Facial Scarring Injury Claim
Victims of an accident that causes permanent scarring should never have to confront their medical bills and emotional trauma alone. But without filing a strong injury insurance claim, they can face having to pay for enormous costs out of pocket.
When a careless driver on a California freeway or a negligent property owner causes your facial scarring injury, you’ll want to hold insurance providers fully accountable. You should expect the maximum support available from an at-fault party.
Your most effective strategy for maximizing your insurance claim will be to partner with your facial scarring injury attorney to present a strong case to an insurance adjuster. This makes it hard for them to find reasons to deny your claim or offer you a less than fair settlement amount.
These are a few actions you can take to secure full support from an insurance company:
- Collect Evidence – On the scene, takes plenty of pictures. Show car damage. If you’ve fallen at a store or residential property, take photos of the obstacle that caused your accident. Find out how to contact witnesses later for testimony. Note the presence of surveillance cameras. If you’ve suffered an injury in a roadway accident, tell police officers everything you can remember so they can write up an accurate collision report. If you take a fall on someone’s property, allow a store or property manager to write up an incident report. Once your California personal injury lawyer is on your case, your lawyer will also be gathering evidence.
- Save Forms and Documents – Keep invoices for every medical bill you receive for emergency care, hospital stays, and plastic surgery. The bills for any psychological counseling you seek over emotional trauma should also figure into an injury settlement. Keep your wage statements to show what you made before your facial scarring injury and what you’ve lost while having to miss work hours. Your California traumatic injury lawyer will secure police accident reports and store incident reports as evidence in your favor.
- Avoid Making Statements – Don’t say you’re “alright” or “my bad” on the scene. Don’t comment on fault or your injuries in an accident. You could be mistaken. Also, don’t offer recorded statements to insurance adjusters who call you after an injury. They are hoping you’ll say something they can twist to hurt your permanent scar claim.
- Follow Your Physician’s Instructions – A doctor’s recommendations should be heeded so that an insurance company can’t say that your inaction made your injuries worse. Take the medication prescribed and see any specialist your doctor suggests. Keep your physical therapy appointments.
- Talk to a Skilled California Facial Scarring Accident Lawyer – Seek out a free consultation with a qualified injury attorney as soon as you can. Give your attorney every detail you can remember. The sooner you turn over your claim, the easier it will be for your lawyer to gather fresh evidence, secure documents, and locate witnesses for testimony. Your lawyer begins work immediately to maximize your facial scarring insurance settlement check so that you and your family never face debt issues after an accident.
Contact a Scarring Injury Accident Lawyer Serving California Victims
After an accident caused by a careless act, you should never have to face the consequences of a permanent visible scar alone. An at-fault party must be held accountable for your medical care and any costs associated with scar removal or revision.
Mr. Gasparian, the founder of Maison Law, offers a free case evaluation for all victims suffering the physical and emotional trauma left by a scar after an accident. If you feel Maison Law can help you earn the maximum compensation available for your injury, you won’t need any money upfront. Mr. Gasparian doesn’t get paid unless he wins your case.