The city of Glendale goes into motion well before the sun rises and stays on the move well past sundown. With its connections to Hollywood and its many famous residents, the streets and freeways can see a lot of luxury cars weaving through the lanes. But local roads are filled mostly by people trying to make it work on time and parents taking the kids to and from school.
Unfortunately, Glendale’s traffic issues mirror that of nearby Los Angeles with gridlock on Interstate 5 or “The 5” and Ventura Boulevard each day. Brand Avenue is also a popular thoroughfare that sees daily accidents. With Glendale’s traffic volume combined with infamously bad drivers, accidents are a fact of life, but those crashes are more than a late-night television joke. They can cause severe injuries that lead to months and months of recovery time for victims.
Help for Glendale Crash Victims
There are plenty of safe and cautious drivers in Glendale, but they can easily fall prey to careless and distracted drivers and land in a frightening collision. At that point, they’ll wonder how long recovery will take and how long it’ll be before they can return to a normal life. They may also wonder if that driver who hit them will be held accountable for his or her actions.
Victims can be left to fend for themselves when hospital bills and other hardships arise after an accident, but reaching out to a local attorney specializing in car accidents can be your lifeline. Maison Law of Glendale can make sure that a driver’s insurance company is put on notice. You will not take less than what’s fair for all that you’ve been put through. Contact us for a no-obligation evaluation of your case. It’s free and we’ll only give you guidance that’s in your best interest.
Glendale Car Accident Dangers
The dangerous maneuvers and decisions drivers can make are on display in and around Glendale every day. As a cautious driver, you may see the flagrant errors all around you and wonder how you ever get anywhere safely.
Glendale battles Los Angeles for the highest car insurance premiums in the state. Glendale premiums are generally over 2,500 dollars a year. NBC4-TV reports that the rates can be 60% more than insurance fees in other cities in California.
There’s no doubt the highways can be full of distracted and reckless drivers. This is a short list of some of the most dangerous impacts and outcomes possible in Glendale accidents:
- Rollover Accidents: A car overturned by the force of an accident can put anyone inside under extreme forces that can cause devastating injuries. Accidents involving rollovers are rare compared to other types of impacts, but according to gov in a single year, they accounted for 35% of the auto accident fatalities seen across the nation.
- Head-On Impacts: These collisions are extremely dangerous because two vehicles bring both of their velocities into an impact which can double the force involved. The National Safety Council (NSC) reports that in 2018 there were 4,900 tragic head-on deaths across the nation accounting for almost 30% of fatalities in two-vehicle accidents that year.
- Rear-end Impacts – A very common type of collision, but the injuries can be very serious. Whiplash is most commonly associated with rear-end accidents. This can involve injuries to the neck, shoulders, and upper back after the body is shoved forward and sent backward quickly. Spine injuries are also common. The National Highway Transporation Safety Administration (NHTSA) found that in 2018 rear-end accidents caused 594,000 injuries in the U.S. and accounted for just over 32% of accidents reported for the year.
- Sideswipes: A glancing blow can often still seriously hurt the people inside vehicles. The collision can occur on driver’s or passenger’s doors where the protection is thinnest for occupants. The NHTSA found that sideswipes impacts caused 129,000 injuries in 2018, making up almost 13% of all collisions in the nation.
What kind of accident damages can compensation cover?
In California, you have up to two years from the moment of the accident to file a claim for damages over your injuries.
If your claim is successful you may be awarded:
- Actual Damages: This is compensation for easily added up expenses such as hospital bills, property damage, and lost wages from having missed time at your job.
- General Damages: This covers non-monetary losses such as money for your pain suffered from the injury. You may also have lost interest in life and have faced depression due to having to cope with a new lifestyle because of your injuries. Your injury may have also affected your family structure in harmful ways.
Contact a Glendale California Car Accident Lawyer
Mr. Gasparian is the founder of Maison Law and he used to represent national corporations and got an insider’s view of how insurance companies try to cheat injured victims when they are at their most vulnerable. Now he protects and defends the rights of those hurt by careless drivers and makes sure they get the compensation they need to pay for their recovery and rebuild their lives.