Focused on getting our clients the compensation they need...

The Support You Need. The Settlement You Deserve.

Getting A Police Accident Report In Turlock

After a serious accident caused by a careless driver in Turlock you may feel at your most vulnerable. You may have a painful injury and thousands of dollars in hospital bills piling up. Your own monthly costs like car and mortgage payments could be going unpaid while you miss hours and paychecks at your job.

If you are in a bad situation after an accident, don’t trust an insurance agent working for the at-fault driver to make things any better. Contact a Turlock Car Accident Lawyer for a free evaluation of your case. Let your lawyer handle the insurance adjusters when they start trying to turn the blame in an accident you didn’t cause around on you.

How to Obtain an Accident Report In Turlock

After an accident in Turlock you can secure an accident report by visiting the Turlock Police Department Website. You’ll click on the grey box entitled “Request for Release of a Police Report.” You’ll then fill out the information requested and click the “traffic” box under “type of incident.” Having a report or event number you should have received on the accident scene will help in the process.

As a driver involved in the accident your document will be sent free of charge unless it’s over 15 pages long and then a fee of 15 cents a page will be assessed. You can choose to have the report faxed or mailed to you. Before 2020 you could also pick-up and drop-off documents in person but the Turlock Police Records Unit has been closed to the public during COVID-19 protocols. You may want to call to see if restrictions on visits have been lifted before you go.

If you have a lawyer representing you for your accident case he or she may already be working to get your accident report. Your insurance agent may also request this document but is required to pay for a copy through the website

For more questions or help you can call (209) 668-5550 ext 6600. The Turlock Police Department Records Office is open Monday – Friday 12 p.m. – 5 p.m.

You can also request help by mailing:

Turlock Police Records
244 N. Broadway
Turlock, CA 95380

If your accident occurs on a state highway, like Highway 99, and the California Highway Patrol handles your incident you’ll have to go to the California Highway Patrol Website to request a report. You’ll find a request form to print out there.

You’ll need to contact your nearest Highway Patrol office to find out how much a report will cost and find out more information on submitting your request.

For Turlock the Modesto Highway Patrol Station is closest:

California Highway Patrol

4030 Kiernan Avenue

Modesto, CA 95356

(209) 545-7440

Do I need a lawyer after a Turlock accident?

If your crash involved mostly property damage and no serious injuries you likely don’t need a lawyer. If your collision left you with a serious injury you will want a local legal representative looking over every document the at-fault driver’s insurance provider sends you and also handling every communication with that firm.

Insurance agents will be looking for any way to discredit your injury and your innocence in a crash. They want to pay you as little as possible or nothing at all for your medical expenses and loss of income while you’ve missed work. An attorney can catch their unfair treatment and make sure they have to take your case seriously and cover every hardship you’ve endured.

Call Now Button