Focused on getting our clients the compensation they need...

Tulare Big Rig Accident Lawyer

When a big rig gets into an accident, the damage and injuries can be devastating. Large commercial trucks can weigh up to 80,000 pounds fully loaded, and the average passenger car weighs around 3,500 lbs. This size and weigh disparity create a significant impact on smaller vehicles.

If you’ve been injured in an accident with a big rig, you need to speak with an attorney about your circumstances. At Maison Law, we believe that when you are out on the roads, you should be safe from the negligence of the drivers of large and heavy trucks. An injury can keep you out of work, cause bills to rise and interrupt your life. Call Maison Law today to start setting things right.

Commercial Big Rig Trucks

Big rig trucks, also called tractor trailers or semi-trucks, are essential to our nation’s economy by shipping goods from factories and brining goods to the people. In Tulare, we have big rigs on arterial roads, visiting the outlet mall, stopping for gas and just passing through on Highway 99 or 137.

Studies show that big rig drivers actually have fewer accidents per mile traveled than do passenger car drivers, however, the accidents that do happen cause a greater number of serious accidents and fatalities than accidents involving other vehicles.

According to a study by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, 3,986 people died in large truck crashes in 2016, and most of those injured or killed were occupants of the passenger vehicle. Only 17 percent of the fatalities were truck drives while 66 percent were occupants of the passenger vehicles. The remaining 17 percent were pedestrians, cyclists and motorcycle riders.

Types of Trucks Involved in Serious Accidents

Almost every large commercial truck is heavier and larger than most passenger vehicles, and a moment of distraction by a driver can change a life forever. Some of those common in Tulare and surrounding communities are:

  • Semi-trucks
  • Tractor Trailers
  • Big Box Trucks
  • Flatbed Trucks
  • Heavy Haul Rigs
  • Tankers
  • Dump Trucks
  • Cement Mixer Trucks

Injuries Common to Big Rig Accidents

We know that when a big rig gets into a fatal accident, only 17 percent of the time the truck driver is fatally injured. This leaves 83 percent of the time the other person involved is killed. This disparity is also present in serious injuries as well. The relative lack of protection that a car provides against a truck that outweighs it by 20 to 40 times means that the car occupants are going to take the brunt of the injuries.

Injuries range from mild to severe and can cause someone significant financial losses. At Maison Law, we are passionate about helping those injured in big rig accidents get the compensation they deserve to help them become whole again both physically and financially.

Some of the common injuries suffered by vehicle occupants are:

  • Traumatic Brain Injuries
  • Severe Concussions
  • Blunt Force Trauma
  • Fractured Ribs
  • Broken Legs/Arms
  • Chest Compressions
  • Organ Damage
  • Internal Injuries/Bleeding
  • Severe Burns
  • Air bag injuries

Big Rig Truck Accident Liability

California law requires that the driver of a vehicle that causes another person’s injuries due to their negligence to “put them back in the same position before the accident.” We all know that this is impossible, so we have to settle for the next best thing, which is financial compensation.

California also requires commercial trucks to have $750,000 in liability coverage and $1 million for those hauling hazardous materials. Most trucking companies have $1 million in liability coverage, to cover the liability of their drivers.

Contact a Tulare Truck Accident Attorney

After any accident involving a serious injury in Tulare, contact attorney Martin Gasparian for a free consultation and case evaluation. Mr. Gasparian takes a hands-on approach to every case. He believes that every client should work directly with their lawyer, get honest advice and the personalized attention to detail their case deserves.

Call Now Button