Hanford motorcycle riders love the open country roads, and there are plenty of those in and around the city. At Maison law, we believe that all motorcyclists have the right to ride without being injured by the negligence of motor vehicle drivers. Maison Law attorneys are passionate about helping those injured get the justice and compensation they deserve.
Motorcycle riding is dangerous, and Hanford motorcycle riders know the risks because they see every day how automobile drivers don’t notice them or respect their right to be out on the road. They have to be vigilant and prepared to take quick action when the need arises.
But even the most vigilant rider can get into an accident, and when that happens, Hanford motorcyclists know that they can trust Maison Law to have their back and help them get the compensation they deserve.
Why Hire a Hanford Motorcycle Attorney?
At Maison law, we represent people in our community, and while any state-licensed attorney can take the case, you need one that is experienced in personal injury law and knows the people and the legal system of the area.
Talk to an attorney at Maison Law in a free consultation. There you can be advised on the law and your rights. You are under no obligation to hire them, and when you leave, you will be able to make a more informed decision.
RISKS TO MOTORCYCLISTS
According to the National Highway Safety Administration, each year around 5,000 motorcyclists die in crashes in the U.S. which makes 15% of all vehicle fatalities while motorcycles make up around 5% of all vehicles registered in the U.S.
- Tunnel Vision: This happens to car and truck drivers when they “look” right at a motorcycle and still pull out in front of them. There’s actual science to this phenomena and basically it’s caused by the habit of drivers to look for other cars and trucks and not form smaller vehicles like motorcycles, bikes, scooters and even pedestrians.
- Lane Splitting: In California, it’s legal to ride between the rows of cars on a freeway or multi-lane highway. However, there are significant risks if a driver opens the door or closes the space between the cars.
- Dooring: This happens when someone opens their car door in the path of a motorcycle causing a collision. This occurs not only in a lane-splitting situation but also along a row of parked cars.
- Rear-End: One of the deadliest accidents for a motorcyclist is when he or she is rear-ended by a much larger and heavier vehicle. The rider is instantly ejected from their bike and often hits the car before falling to the pavement.
- Blind-Spots: Because of the size of motorcycles, they fit more easily in a car or truck’s blind spot creating the risk of serious injury.
- Fatalities: Sometimes motorcycle accident victims succumb to their injuries leaving the family to grieve and to deal with the financial losses.
- Rural Roads and Highways: According to the NHTSA, over 50 percent of all fatalities happen on rural roads like those around Hanford, yet rural drivers make up less than 20 percent of all drivers.
Because of their lack of protection, motorcyclists suffer much greater injuries in a given accident than those in the protection of a motor vehicle. Also, in almost every motorcycle collision the rider is ejected from the seat and impacts the pavement. This causes additional injuries as well. At Maison Law, we understand how the type of injury can make a significant impact on how the needs of the injured client are met. Some of the most common injuries that happen in motorcycle accidents are:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Severe Concussions
- Wrist Fractures
- Broken Arms/Legs
- Chest Compressions
- Internal Injuries/Bleeding
- Severe Road Rash
COMPENSATION FOR MOTOR ACCIDENT INJURIES
Under the law, there are certain damages that can be sought in court from the person that negligently caused you injury. Some of these are directly the result of costs to you while others are for indirect losses like emotional injury and pain and suffering. The most common of these suffered by Hanford auto injury victims are:
- Medical Bills
- EMS/Ambulance Fees
- Rehabilitation Bills
- Transportation to Treatment
- Property Damage
- Lost Time from Work
- Reduction of Future Wages from Disability
- Permanent Disability
- Pain and Suffering
- Mental/Emotional Anguish
- Loss of Companionship/Consortium
- Wrongful Death
Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer.
After any motorcycle accident involving a serious injury in the Hanford, contact attorney Martin Gasparian for a free consultation and case evaluation. Mr. Gasparian takes a hands-on approach to every case. He believes that every client should work directly with their lawyer, get honest advice and the personalized attention to detail their case deserves.