Focused on getting our clients the compensation they need...

The Support You Need. The Settlement You Deserve.

How to Get An Accident Report from Bakersfield Police

If you or a family member have been the victims of a careless or reckless driver don’t square off against that driver’s insurance provider alone. Insurance companies like to play games with injured victims by delaying their response to calls for help and also by trying to question the integrity of victims.

Don’t face these ridiculous tricks alone. You’ve been hurt through no fault of your own and you shouldn’t have to wait to get compensation to pay your hospital bills and support your family while you take time to heal. Contact a Bakersfield Lawyer committed to helping victims get back on their feet again.

Getting an Accident Report in Bakersfield

Before you contact anyone, consider that if you have a lawyer for an accident case he or she will be requesting the accident report for you. Your insurance provider may also be trying to obtain the report.

If you need to get your own copy after a collision in Bakersfield worked by Bakersfield Police you can do that in several ways.

  • Online – You can look up your report on the BuyCrash website. It will help to have certain information on your crash such as a report number that should have been given to you on the scene by an officer. BuyCrash charges $11 for most accident reports.
  • In-Person – You can purchase a report for a $7 fee at the Police Department. Their hours are Tuesday-Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
  • By Mail — You can request your report by mail if you include the $7 fee. Make sure to include the case number, the date the incident was reported, the name(s) of party(s) involved, and a telephone number to contact you.

The address and phone number for the Bakersfield Police Department:


1601 Truxtun Avenue
Bakersfield, CA 93301-5109

For Kern County Accidents and CHP Reports

To request an accident report from a collision responded to by the Kern County Sheriff’s Department you can print out a request form here. You can submit your request by mail, in-person, or by email. For other questions call the Sheriff’s Department at (661) 391-7624.

Sheriff’s Office County of Kern

1350 Norris Road

Bakersfield, CA 93308

If a California Highway Patrol Officer investigates your accident you’ll have to go to the California Highway Patrol Website to request a report. You’ll find a request form to print out there.

Do I need a Lawyer After an Accident in Bakersfield

Minor accidents involving only property damage and non-serious injuries usually don’t require having an attorney. Auto-Body repairs or vehicle replacement settlements have become pretty standardized.

If you suffered a more serious injury from an accident that wasn’t your fault, you should strongly consider talking to a Bakersfield Car Accident Lawyer. After your collision, you could quickly be facing the at-fault driver’s unhelpful insurance provider. These agents are assigned to try to get you to accept a lowball offer that may not even cover the costs of your emergency room visit, let alone the doctors’ bills that come later.

Contact an experienced, local attorney such as Martin Gasparian for a free consultation on the circumstances of your case. Mr. Gasparian works to make sure accident victims are treated fairly by insurance companies who may be looking to rob them of the compensation they simply need to heal and get their lives back on track.

Call Now Button