Grocery shopping in Fresno should be a simple and safe experience. Yet, when supermarket chains put a priority on profits and neglect safety, local shoppers can suffer serious injuries.
A dropped jar of pickles can leave a mess of glass and sticky liquid on the floor and a slip on this spill can cause a broken hip or even a head injury. A pothole beside your parking spot outside may catch your foot to cause a trip. A debilitating knee or ankle injury could result.
These types of Grocery Slip-and-Fall Accidents are more common than people may think. Victims will want to recover as soon as possible, but they’ll soon be faced with questions over how their medical care will get paid for.
Reach Out to a Fresno Grocery Store Slip-And-Fall Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Victims of a painful fall shouldn’t be expected to know about California’s “premises liability” laws that protect their rights after a fall at a grocery store. However, a skilled Fresno Grocery Store Slip-And-Fall Attorney is expected to know every law that pertains to your injury case and you can take advantage of that knowledge without risk.
Maison Law provides a free case evaluation to all victims so they have a no-cost, no-obligation way to get informed of all the benefits available to them. Talk over your case with a real attorney and find out the fastest way for you to earn injury support from a local grocery store owner or a nationwide chain.
Fresno Grocery Store Safety Hazards
Grocery stores like Von’s, Whole Foods, and Save Mart draw in Fresno shoppers with fresh merchandise and sales. But if you shop during a popular time you’ve probably seen a store in a trashed state. Customers can be quite messy and the condition of the store isn’t just unappealing, it can be unsafe.
Employees at stores like Aldi may not take the time to monitor for candy left on the floor or spilled drinks on the tile. You may walk in and be looking up instead at the way forward, only to slip and drop backward.
This is just one common safety issue at local supermarkets, but there are many other hazards waiting to potentially bring an end to your shopping day.
These are just a few of the other dangers lurking on aisles and in parking lots:
- Inside the Supermarket – Beyond puddles on floors, floor mats provide common tripping hazards. Stockers can leave items on the floor partially hidden under shelves. Misplaced store displays are threats to catch your shoe. The bathrooms are also supposed to be free of moisture on floors, but those floors are often extra slick with soap and water.
- Outside the Supermarket – Parking lots are also dangerous regions for unsuspecting customers. Potholes and crumbling sidewalks might catch your foot. Landscaping obstacles might also get you off balance and teetering. Rain also pools for a slipping threat especially as shopper drag their wet feet into entrances. Signs should be up and mopping should be frequent to prevent you from falling.
Common Supermarket Slip-And-Fall Injuries
You may be surprised at the wide range of serious injuries that may stem from a simple stroll through a produce section.
Falling forward or backward, or sideways leaves certain parts of your body vulnerable, including your head in some cases
Grocery store slip-and-fall accidents usually involve tumbling backward after a shoe has lost grip. These are just a few of the slip-and-fall injuries doctors treat:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) and head injuries – A strike to the head on the floor or on a shelf may cause confusion, a loss of physical control, and severe concussions. A skull could also fracture and cause brain bleeding.
- Damage to the back and spinal cord.
- Dislocations and broken bones. Joints like a hip fracture in a fall can be difficult to heal from and cause other health issues during recovery.
Trip-and-Fall mishaps can send a victim forward. These are a few of the most common types of injuries resulting from a trip:
- Hand, wrist, and finger injuries as victims attempt to catch their fall.
- Facial Injuries. Jaw bone, cheekbone, and nose fractures.
- Dental impacts can result in busted teeth and tongue trauma.
- Knee Injuries.
Grocery Store Liability After a Fresno Slip-And-Fall
Grocery store owners and operators owe customers a safe journey into their stores, starting from the moment they pull into the parking lot.
This legal “duty of care” holds them accountable to fix hazards in their stores in a reasonable amount of time. If they’ve been alerted to a danger and somehow stalled in fixing it, store owners will have a hard time avoiding liability for accidents.
Store proprietors are also required to monitor for these obstacles to catch them before a customer’s foot has the chance to find them. When they are negligent in these duties and you hit the ground to suffer an injury, they are liable.
Compensation for Victims of Slip-And-Fall Accidents
Victims should immediately grab a photo of any obstacle that causes them to fall. This is excellent proof of the store’s negligence. It’s also likely the hazard will disappear (get fixed or repaired) shortly after you leave the store in pain.
In filing a claim over an accident, your Fresno Grocery Store Slip-and-Fall Attorney would help you list everything involved in your recovery. You would demand help with all medical care, your lost wages while missing work, and additional support for physical and emotional pain.
Travel costs incurred while you attend a string of physical therapy appointments or see out-of-city specialists also earn compensation. Transportation may become a much bigger hassle while you are dealing with a mobility issue.
Contact a Fresno Grocery Store Trip-And-Fall Accident Lawyer
After an accident involving a serious injury at a grocery store in Fresno, many victims will worry over what to do next. The mounting medical invoices and hours lost at work will understandably only add to the anxiety.
The best move is to contact attorney Martin Gasparian for a free consultation and case evaluation. Mr. Gasparian gives injured victims and their families a voice. This is true even when a case involves taking on a corporate grocery giant in order to secure support for clients.
Don’t trust insurance companies and corporate lawyers to treat you fairly after an accident. They work to save their companies money. Trust your case to a Fresno Slip-And-Fall Lawyer dedicated to earning victims the maximum compensation available to get them back on their feet again.