Motorcyclists in Fresno deserve to focus on the joy of the ride and not the careless driving around them. Unfortunately, local drivers can force riders into dangerous situations at any moment.
Unfocused drivers can pull out in front of the motorcyclists they didn’t take the time to properly look for. The length of a car or truck is suddenly a large barrier, and the rider has little chance to brake or steer clear in time. These mistakes by motorists can send a motorcyclist into a scary T-bone collision.
Once an impact has occurred, it’s critical the rider receives the best medical treatment available. It’s also important to make sure injured riders don’t end up paying the medical bills for an accident they didn’t cause.
Contact a Fresno Motorcycle Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Motorcycle accident victims may face a long, difficult journey to heal and get back on their bikes again. Sadly, victims who should focus on recovery often have to stress over medical bills and work to prove they weren’t to blame in an accident. Insurance companies like to point the finger at riders, no matter what an accident report says.
A free consultation with a Fresno motorcycle accident attorney is a great way to determine what your case is worth and the best way to secure full support. Even if you don’t end up hiring our law firm to represent you, we can show you how to avoid the common tactics insurance companies use to rob motorcycle accident victims of support.
T-Bone Accident Collision Dangers in Fresno
Fresno motorcyclists hit the road as often as possible. They may be cruising Shaw Avenue or running up Highway 168 to enjoy some mountain air. No matter where they go, maintaining control of their own bikes isn’t usually a problem for riders. It’s the constant threats that careless drivers present that make up the bigger hazard.
T-bone collisions are often devastating for those who travel defenseless on motorcycles. Riders have no walls to protect them when a bike collides with the side of a car to form a “T” shape. The consequences are usually severe when a motorcycle is sent full speed into the side of a vehicle.
These T-bone accidents, also known as broadside collisions, often occur when drivers aren’t paying attention to the other cars, trucks, and motorcycles around them.
These are two common situations that lead to Fresno T-bone motorcycle accidents:
- Drivers Attempting a Left Turn – Drivers readying for a left-hand turn can see an opening in oncoming traffic and hit the gas. In their rush, they somehow miss the smaller profile of a motorcycle that is approaching. They make a slow turn across the rider’s lane, giving zero warning to the motorcyclists who now have the broadside of a car in front of them.
- Drivers Entering or Crossing a Roadway – When a driver is entering a busier street or trying to cross a busy street. They can pull right out in front of the rider they failed to spot in their too short of a look in both directions.
Of course, there are other ways local drivers put riders in danger each day. Motorists can run red lights or stop signs and end up ramming the side of a motorcycle passing through an intersection.
These minor fender benders for cars and SUV drivers can result in life-threatening injuries for the vulnerable riders involved. Victims and their families should speak with a Fresno Motorcycle Accident Lawyer to make sure they receive every ounce of support needed to pay for a full physical and financial recovery.
Compensation Available in a Fresno Motorcycle Accident Injury Claim
Fresno motorcycle accident victims can be forced off their bikes for months and may miss weeks of valuable work time. Patients may fall behind on rent, mortgage, and motorcycle and car payments while dealing with enormous hospital bills.
Your Fresno motorcycle accident attorney ensures all of these damages are clearly listed in an injury claim and placed in the laps of the insurance adjusters for the at-fault driver. This is an important step in a motorcycle accident victim’s recovery because anything not submitted in this claim won’t earn compensation.
The size of your motorcycle injury settlement check will be determined by these factors and others:
- Your current medical bills and those expected in the future.
- The lifetime support needed if you suffer a permanent physical disability or permanent disfigurement.
- Support for the pain you experience in an accident, through recovery, and perhaps over your entire life.
- Support for emotional trauma. Depression and anxiety can greatly affect your outlook. You may suffer a loss of enjoyment of life in recovery and while unable to ride. PTSD symptoms can also arise as you struggle to get past the memories of a frightening collision.
- Reimbursement for lost wages and benefits as you recover. This can include lifetime support for you and your family if you can never return to work.
- Support for property damage. Money for motorcycle repairs or replacement.
- Wrongful death benefits. Families can earn support after losing a motorcyclist in a tragic T-bone accident. The support can cover the cost of a burial and leftover hospital bills. The weekly paychecks the deceased can no longer provide for a spouse and children would also earn additional financial support.
Contact a T-Bone Fresno Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
If you are injured in a motorcycle accident or if you’ve tragically lost a loved one in an accident, contact a local motorcycle accident attorney to find out everything available to you and your family.
Insurance companies aren’t required to inform you of your rights after their policyholder causes an accident. In fact, they would rather keep you in the dark in the hopes you’ll sign off on a settlement that’s worth far less than what you’ll need in recovery.
Take advantage of a free consultation session with a real lawyer at Maison Law. Martin Gasparian, the founder of Maison Law, works with victims and their families to make sure they receive every benefit they need to rebuild their lives and return to the rides they love.