Motorcyclists in Fresno know to watch out for the careless moves of other motorists. What they can’t prepare for are the random acts of a driver under the influence of a drug or alcohol.
That’s why riders are in such danger when they are unknowingly sharing the lanes with an impaired driver. That driver’s decision-making can’t be trusted. Motorcyclists who are already vulnerable to reckless drivers face that much more risk of a devastating collision.
When a DUI driver causes a crash that injures a rider, it’s critical to protect that victim and get the patient the support necessary to make a full recovery.
Schedule a Free Consultation with a Fresno Motorcycle Drunk Driver Accident Lawyer
Motorcycle accident victims may face a long, difficult journey to heal and get back on their bikes again. Sadly, victims may have been placed in harm’s way by a driver who was behind the wheel while intoxicated. Riders may wonder how they’ll secure injury compensation while a DUI suspect is facing criminal charges.
The good news is that a skilled Fresno motorcycle accident lawyer will work to get victims injury support no matter what the at-fault driver is facing. Schedule a free consultation with Maison Law of Fresno to find out how to earn fair support after a collision caused by a drunk driver. Even if you don’t end up hiring our law firm to represent you, we can show you how to avoid the common tactics insurance companies use to rob motorcycle accident victims of compensation.
Hazards for Motorcyclists from Fresno Drunk Drivers
Motorcyclists already travel unprotected from the reckless nature of many drivers on Fresno roadways. A cruise up Shaw Avenue after dinner may put riders at the mercy of careless drivers and perhaps even several impaired drivers in a night. They’d never know it until a frightening accident occurs.
Motorcyclists are at a greater risk of getting into a collision with a drunk driver and suffering more severe injuries for several reasons:
- Unpredictable Decisions – People with experience riding motorcycles are usually good at steering clear of careless drivers. Yet, an impaired driver’s actions are impossible to predict. They can swerve into oncoming traffic in a flash. Riders will have just seconds to figure out if they can brake or steer out of trouble.
- Elevated Speeds – Sadly, an inebriated driver can’t recognize the trouble they are in like other drivers could. Most drivers will slam the brakes when they are about to cause a collision, but drunk drivers may not have that awareness. They often travel full speed into an impact with a motorcycle, doing even more harm to the rider.
- Warped Reality – Many mistakes are made on Fresno highways each day, but reasonable drivers often correct even major mistakes with no harm done. Unfortunately, drunk drivers can travel the wrong way on a highway and have no idea they are doing anything dangerous. A DUI driver might also ignore stop signs and red lights, again putting motorcyclists in hazardous situations that are impossible to avoid.
Can I Earn Injury Compensation from a Drunk Driver after a Fresno Motorcycle Accident?
Yes. Financial support is available to motorcycle accident victims even as a drunk driving suspect faces a criminal trial.
A Fresno Motorcycle Accident Lawyer would file a civil injury claim on behalf of a client without waiting for criminal proceedings to finish. The civil claim could be settled with the at-fault driver’s car insurance provider at any point. The criminal trial would be resolved separately.
This allows victims and their families faster access to the compensation they need to help rebuild their lives and pay their mounting bills.
A motorcycle accident attorney would file an insurance claim on behalf of a victim that included every hardship the patient has endured. This includes some factors that victims may not know they can be compensated for.
These and other factors would help determine the size of a Fresno motorcycle accident settlement check:
- The totals on medical bills and the cost of care anticipated in the future.
- The totals on lost wages and benefits the motorcycle accident victim lost while having to be away from work.
- Totals and estimates on lifelong expenses associated with a permanent physical disability.
- Support for the constant physical pain the victim endures.
- Support for the emotional trauma injured riders suffer. Riders may experience anxiety and depression. They can suffer a loss of enjoyment of life while being unable to participate in family activities and their hobbies, including their motorcycle rides.
- Money for motorcycle repairs or a new motorcycle.
- Wrongful death benefits. Complete support for families who have lost a loved one to a drunk driver’s heartless actions.
Contact a Fresno Motorcycle Accident Lawyer After an Accident Caused by a Drunk Driver
If you are injured in a motorcycle accident or if you’ve tragically lost a loved one in an accident, contact a skilled Fresno motorcycle accident attorney to find out everything available to you and your family.
Insurance companies aren’t required to inform you of the benefits available to motorcycle accident victims and their families. In fact, they would rather keep you in the dark in the hopes you’ll sign off on a settlement that’s worth far less than what you’ll need in recovery.
Take advantage of a free consultation session with a real lawyer at Maison Law. Martin Gasparian, the founder of Maison Law, works with victims to make sure they receive the full support they need to rebuild their lives and return to the rides they love.